Every Sunday @ 9am
The center of our church life is our Sunday morning Divine Service during which we encounter a powerful yet mericful God. Each service lasts about an hour and everyone is welcome to attend. If you choose to come, here are some things you will observe:
- We open our service in the Name of the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as a remembrance of our baptism and adoption into God's family (Matthew 28:19-20).
- As a group, we confess our sins to God and confidently hear that our sins have been forgiven in and by Christ (1 John 1:8-9).
- We listen to various readings from the Bible (Old Testament, Gospel, and other New Testament sections).
- We confess together our Christian faith according to one of the historic Christian Creeds: the Apostles’ or the Nicene (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:10).
- The pastor teaches and applies the truths of God’s Word to our daily lives through a message typically called a 'sermon.'
- We pray together including the Lord’s Prayer (Ephesians 6:18; Matthew 6:9-13).
- We provide people an opportunity to support the work of our ministry and many others around the world by gathering a free-will offering to the Lord (2 Corinthians 9:7-8).
- We celebrate the 2,000 year old communal meal established by Jesus called “Holy Communion” or “The Lord’s Supper” for forgiveness and strength (Matthew 26:26-28).
- Throughout the service we sing God's Word and His praises with ancient and contemporary songs typically called "hymns" (Colossians 3:16).
- We close the service with our Lord’s blessing (Numbers 6:24-26).